Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cool isn't a one way street.

Currently Listening to : Paper Planes - M.I.A
Currently Feeling : Raya-ish?

I've spent so much time thinking about all the answers to the problem, that I forget what the problem actually was.
- Elizabethtown





I was reminiscing a few days ago, when I was looking through some photo albums that I kept by my bedside. They were dusty and all, but still, the images never faded. There were pictures of myself when I was just beginning to make my first few footsteps and even pictures of me in primary school. Ahh, those were the days. I can remember only a tad bit of those times. Most of them were pretty fun and definitely memorable (:

I remember my first day of primary school in Std. 1. My mum was registering me in and she was quite busy so she told me to stay put near the playground in the school. I remember watching this cute little Malay guy named Irfan climb the monkey bars with such ease that I got jealous. Plus, I noticed that he was really cute. My first school-girl crush :D He was in the same class as I was, 1 Dinamik. Little did I know that my classmates then were going to be my best friends throughout primary school, all the way to Std 6.

I remember a girl who always made my primary school life miserable. She always got her way in things and always knew how to manipulate everyone. She got everyone not to talk to me whenever she felt like it. And after awhile, she would start talking to me again, just because she felt like it. I always went home crying to my mum every time she started ignoring me again. This went on all through Std 1 till Std 4.

Fast forwarding two years, I remember a new girl coming in to our class, 3 Efisyen. I thought she looked much older than all of us. I had the empty seat next to me, so I was her first friend in that school. Whenever the girl mentioned above decided to ignore me again, this new girl was the only one that I could talk to. She didn't care about what others thought of her, she was just being a true friend to me. But I never really appreciated that.
I remember taking advantage of her whenever I was in need. I remember she would always, always be there for me. I remember saying bad stuff about her behind her back whenever I was with the "in" crowd again with the girl who controlled everyone.

In Std 4, I remember a new guy coming to our class. I was stricken by his looks the moment I saw him. We used to talk on the phone for hours even though we were only 10 years old. When he told me that he likes me after a few months, I panicked and didn't respond. Later after that, he decided to forget about me and went on to liking other girls instead. But I had liked this guy all the way to Std 6 but I never had the guts to tell him.

I remember we used to keep "diaries". Writing about our daily lives in log books then exchanging it with our friends to read. We used to share "diaries" too. These were the ones the boys were itching to get their hands on, so they could spread all our secrets. I remember that the guys used to have "diaries" too :D

I remember the first few of us who had our coming-of-age and how scared we were about having periods. I remember us getting excited about the guys whose voices just broken and started getting taller and better looking. I remember those guys who "matured" mentally earlier than all of us, talking about sex all the time, making the rest of us disgusted. I remember gambling in class, playing UNO and batu seremban. I remember the first couple in school. Everyone thought they were going to get married :) I remember the unwritten rule between all of us that girls and guys are not allowed to touch each other. We were like viruses to one another. I remember "the love board", a piece of wood that everyone wrote their crushes on. I remember playing police and thief. I remember loving and hating primary school :D

Recently, I met my ex-crush, the one from Std 4- Std 6. He still had that walk where he looked like he was in a rush to go somewhere. He still pushes his hair back without realizing it. He still had that cheeky smile on his face that can never seem to be erased. All this just reminded me of how much I used to like him, and how sure I was that I was going to spend the rest of my life with him back then. HAHA.
I also met the girl that I never appreciated properly. She is so mature now, so secure about herself. She's the kind of girl that knows what she wants and is proud of herself. She's an independent woman with nothing to fear. I'm so jealous of who she has grown to become. I miss her so much. D, you know who you are

So yeah, that was pretty much a summary of my pathetic primary school life. I can't remember every bit of it, but the memory is so precious to me. I loved everyone in primary school. Some may somehow find a reason to still dislike me after so many years. I know I was not a very nice person or a true friend to many back then, but I've changed now. I mean, c'mon, it was primary school. I still do apologize to everyone of course, especially D.

Getting back to the present ;
Shoutout to Justina, sorry for making you wait for this post for so long :D
Good luck to all PMR candidates. PMR is kacang puteh compared to Form Four, okay!
And of course,

Selamat Hari Raya!

to everyone, Muslim or not ;)

Btw, I changed my Blogskin to something else if you haven't already noticed. It's just as simple as the previous one, only different. My profile, links and pretty much everything has been edited so do leave a comment at my tagboard, it's really stagnant! I also did Sam's blog, my sister, so go check it out. She's linked :D

Okay, I really have to try and get some sleep now. It's 6 am and I have a full day out planned tomorrow. This "insomnia" has got to stop. Exams are near and I need my rest! -.-
So, until next time!

Pictures :
This one is quite irrelevant. HAHA.

Benedict, Sue Aun, Deborah, Kartikeyan

Benedict, such a cutie :D

Kok Weng. Nerd then, hottie now.

Sue Aun & Debbie.

Kin Sun standing, Quan Yan who hardly ever seems to smile and half of Andrew

Sue Siang (not my age!), Ben, Chee Fai and Kieran


Sebastian, Sue Aun, Faiz and Sulaiman

Sheeesh I was such a nerd, LOL :D

Sebby & Debbie. AWWWW ;)

LeeYee, Denise, Michelle, Jocelyn, Shikin. BFFs? Not quite.

And of course there were much more of us, I just can't find their pictures. Sorry!

Random Note : I think the contestants in Amazing Race Asia 3 are seriously jakoon ;)

Toodles,
denise :D

No comments: